Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A moment with my Father. . .

I had a God moment not so long ago. I love those moments when he uses your kids to really teach you a lesson he's been teaching all along, but for slow learners like me, he gives you a hands on lesson, so you can see what it really looks like.

Jackson is so like me and he is highly suggestible. He had seen something on the news that upset him, so of course, he dreamed about it. He woke up shaking and breathless and immediately came to the place where he knew he would find peace and comfort... Mommy.

I immediately got up and went into the living room to snuggle him up and try to settle him down. I pulled him into my lap and prayed with him and as he settled into my arms, I felt his breathing return to its normal rhythmic pattern as he had fallen back to sleep.

I felt powerful! I love that. I love that he knows he can come to me for comfort. I love that he seeks me out when he is afraid and that he trusts me and believes that I will keep him safe. As all these thoughts ran through my mind, God spoke into my worry-filled heart..."I love that too. I love it when you come to me with all your worries and fear and let me give you the rest you so need. Trust me. The love you feel for your children pales in comparison to the love I feel for mine. Climb into my lap and tell me all about it."

Are we lucky or what? So, I am taking my worries to my Father today because he is ABLE!

Love you all!
Bev

2 comments:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

Great post... I have been trying to start each day by giving the day to the Lord ... I does help to verbalize my weakness ...

thanks for stopping by my blog ...have a blessed week ...

april8125 said...

Isn't it surreal how God speaks to us at times we are simply doing what comes natural to us, Loving and comforting our children. It makes sense, because that is what God does for us in our times of fear and anxiety. I have really enjoyed reading the blog. We miss you guys and can't wait to see you. LOve you Loads.