Friday, September 5, 2008

Bring on the Cotton Candy!

Well it’s not the Grundy County Auction, but it is the White County Fair… the biggest event to come to White County every year. There is just something about life in a small town that I absolutely love. It’s really funny that at one time all I could think about was leaving, and now I can’t imagine leaving what is essentially a really BIG extended family, for better or worse, that is our small town community.

I loved the fair as a child and my kids have followed in my cotton candy eating footsteps. They love the lights, the rides, the sounds and the smells. That’s right folks, I said the smells, which consist of cow and horse manure and grilled burgers! Last Saturday night the fair opened and Cameron was begging to go. I told him we weren’t going on Saturday and he said, “well I know we can’t go tonight, but Mommy you have to just drive by and let me see it with the lights on.” I can so remember the anticipation I always felt as we would drive by and see the lights all twinkling. It’s fun to see my boys experience some of the experiences I had as a child.

This year both my boys participated in the school track and field events and had a great time. Cameron did the beanbag toss and well, he tossed it like a pro. Jackson ran the 100-yard dash and the 200-yard relay and was a standout in both events. I, of course, was cheering like he was about to win the Gold medal in the Olympics. He actually got 4th place in the 100-yard dash and his team got 2nd in the relay. These events are countywide so he was really proud of himself and of course we were proud too.


Jackson was as quick as a whip in his two events.


Cameron threw the bean bag with great skill (hee hee). I can't wait until his age group gets to run because he is a fast little dude!

No comments: